Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: Do You Know What Sucks?


Two Star Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 349
Date:
Do You Know What Sucks?


The weather over Memorial Day weekend sucked. Not having a game on Tuesday when it was nice and sunny sucked. Sitting in the morning sunshine on Wednesday and looking at a forecast that calls for "PM showers" sucks. 47% chance of rain at 5:00 o'clock (53% chance of it not raining} sucks.54% chance of rain at 6:00 o'clock sucks. The Albany weather forecasters suck. Sitting in my office at 3:30 with the sun shining, knowing that, if I cancel the game, it won't rain sucks. Being pretty sure that, if I don't cancel the game, it will rain sucks. (Guess which one happened} Knowing that some guys have to drive a long way and will be pissed if they get to the field and we are rained out sucks. Driving home to get my baseball stuff and seeing raindrops on my windshield sucks. Getting a message at 4:55 from a player on the other team saying he is at the field and the field is unplayable sucks. Knowing that the guy is right sucks. Driving to the field with my windshield wipers on sucks. Arriving at the field to see the home-plate tarp neatly folded up and leaving the entire plate area exposed sucks. Laying the tarp across home plate in the slim hopes of playing the game only to have the skies open - by more than 54% - and turning the infield into a swamp sucks. Scheduling a make-up game sucks. Sitting in my car knowing that a bunch of guys drove to the field because I didn't call the game in time sucks. Paying the umpires for a rain out sucks. Just about everything about this afternoon sucked.

But the thing that sucks the most is that the Dodgers could have batted against John Weber but we got rained out instead! That really sucks!

Other than that, life is good!

Don Ball
Dodgers

__________________
Donald J. Ball Jr


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 108
Date:

One exception to what sucks. At least one of the Albany weather forecasters doesnt suck! My Mets teammate Steve Adamson is one of them. He would have told you to cancel! :)


__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 134
Date:

You got that right Donny. Managing Sucks! Fortunately we have a majority of players who appreciate the effort it takes to manage. Sometimes you get it right and sometimes you don't but you are always trying your best and that's all that anyone can ask for.

__________________


Two Star Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 349
Date:

Very true Jimmy. For the guys who did show up to the field I will add - looking forward to playing ball and getting rained out sucks. To a man they were understanding and respectful of my decision to try to get the game played.

We will keep trying. There are sunny skies and dry fields in our future!

Don

__________________
Donald J. Ball Jr


Grand Poobah

Status: Offline
Posts: 1713
Date:

If it makes you feel any better. I canceled a game (@ the A-Diamond), on Thursday, due to a forecast that said 100% chance of rain between 5:00-6:00 pm.
The forecast changed almost immediately upon notifying the umpires of the cancellation, down to 40% chance of rain. Just after the last of the players were notified of the cancellation, the percentage went down to 20%.
You guessed it. The rain never came until 8:15pm. Yup, I called a game (on the A-Diamond), in no small part because our previous game made it exactly 2 pitches before being cancelled; and it didn't even rain until the
game would have been over. That sucked!


__________________
Michael J. Girard


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 172
Date:

I'm with you on that last line, Donny.

-Mike

__________________
Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard